美國 2018 台灣旅行法 H.R.535 法規內容與沿革
美利堅合眾國（美國）編號 H.R.535 的台灣旅行法（Taiwan Travel Act, H.R.535 — 115th Congress）之法規條文內容介紹，該法係由美國參議院和美國眾議院在國會中製定，旨在鼓勵美國和台灣各級單位之間的相互訪問與其他目的（To encourage visits between the United States and Taiwan at all levels, and for other purposes.）。
- 【法規名稱】台灣旅行法（Taiwan Travel Act）
台灣旅行法（Taiwan Travel Act）法規內容
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.（簡稱）
This Act may be cited as the “Taiwan Travel Act”.（第一條：本法律可稱為「臺灣旅行法」。）
SEC. 2. FINDINGS.（調查結果）
Congress finds the following:
- The Taiwan Relations Act (22 U.S.C. 3301 et seq.), enacted in 1979, has continued for 37 years to be a cornerstone of relations between the United States and Taiwan and has served as an anchor for peace and security in the Western Pacific area.
- The Taiwan Relations Act declares that peace and stability in the Western Pacific area are in the political, security, and economic interests of the United States and are matters of international concern.
- The United States considers any effort to determine the future of Taiwan by other than peaceful means, including by boycotts or embargoes, a threat to the peace and security of the Western Pacific area and of grave concern to the United States.
- Taiwan has succeeded in a momentous transition to democracy beginning in the late 1980s and has been a beacon of democracy in Asia, and Taiwan’s democratic achievements inspire many countries and people in the region.
- Visits to a country by United States Cabinet members and other high-ranking officials are an indicator of the breadth and depth of ties between the United States and such country.
- Since the enactment of the Taiwan Relations Act, relations between the United States and Taiwan have suffered from insufficient high-level communication due to the self-imposed restrictions that the United States maintains on high-level visits with Taiwan.
- Sense Of Congress.—It is the sense of Congress that the United States Government should encourage visits between officials from the United States and Taiwan at all levels.（美國政府應該鼓勵美國和台灣各級官員進行訪問。）
- Statement Of Policy.—It should be the policy of the United States to—
- allow officials at all levels of the United States Government, including Cabinet-level national security officials, general officers, and other executive branch officials, to travel to Taiwan to meet their Taiwanese counterparts;（允許美國政府各級官員，包括內閣級國家安全官員，總參謀官和其他行政部門官員前往台灣與對應政府單位會面。）
- allow high-level officials of Taiwan to enter the United States, under conditions which demonstrate appropriate respect for the dignity of such officials, and to meet with officials of the United States, including officials from the Department of State and the Department of Defense and other Cabinet agencies; and（允許來自台灣的高階官員進入美國，並表現出對這些官員身份的適當尊重，並允許會見美國官員，包括國務院與國防部及其他內閣機構的官員。）
- encourage the Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Office, and any other instrumentality established by Taiwan, to conduct business in the United States, including activities which involve participation by Members of Congress, officials of Federal, State, or local governments of the United States, or any high-level official of Taiwan.（鼓勵台北市經濟文化代表處以及任何經台灣認證的機構在美國開展業務，包括涉及任何來自台灣的高級官員，或美國國會議員，美國聯邦，州或地方政府官員參與的活動。）