Which international airports in Japan provide electronic customs declaration gates (e-Gates)?
As of May 2023, a total of 7 international airports in Japan provide electronic customs declaration gates (e-Gates). The purpose of installing these electronic gates is to facilitate smooth entry for the increasing number of incoming passengers, reduce their waiting time, and alleviate congestion in the customs inspection area.
The following table lists the international airports that currently offer digital clearance through e-Gates, including:
- New Chitose Airport (CTS)
- Chubu Centrair International Airport (NGO)
- Haneda Airport (HND)
- Narita International Airport (NRT)
- Kansai International Airport (KIX)
- Fukuoka Airport (FUK)
- Naha Airport (OKA)
At Haneda Airport, Fukuoka Airport, and Naha Airport, passengers can use the electronic customs terminal equipment for electronic customs declaration while waiting for baggage inspection. After retrieving their luggage, passengers only need to pass through the electronic gates for customs inspection without stopping or waiting. This means passengers can conveniently clear customs, expedite the departure process, and save time.
- Online services for Japan’s immigration procedures (Visit Japan Web)
- Recommended accommodation booking websites in Japan: “JAPANniCan“
- Recommended car rental booking websites in Japan: “Tabirai; RentalCars“